Up next in our 8 Things series is Kathleen Ory, one of our two Chloe Oliver Style Ambassadors this Spring. We picked Kathleen because of her killer style, outgoing personality, and contagious enthusiasm. Check out her answers and get to know Kathleen a little better. Also, be sure to check out #chloeoliverstyleambassador on Instagram for Kathleen's styling of Chloe Oliver Spring 2014.
1. Go-To Drink: Maker’s Mark on the rocks with a splash of water (makes me feel like a bad ass!)
2. Go-To Karaoke Song: You might as well ask me what song I wouldn't sing, BUT if I have to choose it would be “Black Water” by The Doobie Brothers or “Ironic” by Alanis Morisette.
3. A uniform: After wearing a uniform every day in high school I can honestly say I don’t have a uniform. I like to dress in whatever style I feel like dressing in for that specific day (I could be a Lilly Pulitzer girl at the derby one day and a flower child at a music festival the next day). I can say that some of my favorite staples are a faux fur vest in the winter (I turn into my fierce alter ego when I put one of my 10 faux fur vests on), and a maxi dress in the summer (I can always dress a maxi dress up or down and a maxi dress is a beautiful canvas for accessories of all kinds).
4. Hairstylist: Liz Almagno, Scissors
5. Exercise: I am currently training for a half marathon so that takes up most of my time, but I never pass up a PIYO (intense Pilates and yoga infusion) class.
6. Hobby: Traveling, Concert Enthusiast, and Cooking. When I am home I am usually board, which is why I am always traveling and finding fun events or music festivals to go to whether it is around town or in other states.
7. Best Friend: I am so lucky to have met so many people throughout my life and am even luckier to call all of the people I have met friends. Although some might find this cheesy I would have to say my Mom is my best friend. She is my rock and my role model. She listens to me no matter what and genuinely feels the emotions I feel. She is the strongest and wisest woman I know, and I am so lucky to have her!
8. A healthy sense of self: I have learned a lot through the years, but I have never learned as much as I have learned this past year. I have learned that it is not about the material things but it is all about the memories and experiences you make. Memories are the things that no one and nothing can take away from you and that is why this year I have vowed that whatever I do I want to do it LOUD! I want to laugh harder, love deeper, worry less, and take more chances. I want to travel more often (even if I don’t think I can afford it) and be open to anything and everything. Most importantly I want to give everything I have to everyone and everything with nothing in return. I always want to look back at my life and all of the experiences I have been given and know that I wouldn't do anything differently because these are the greatest joys anyone will ever experience. So my advice to everyone is to let go, enjoy the ride, and BE YOUNG because life always has a way of working itself out.