Up next, is the other half of our Spring 2014 Style Amabassadors, Megan Young. We love Megan's colorful, bohemian style and her adorable personality. Now it is your turn to get to know Megan a little better:
1. A go-to drink: Vodka & Red Bull, Gin & Tonic, or a Lemon Drop--I'm only 22 so I'm still trying to figure out what I like!
2. A go-to Karaoke song: Yikes...well my friends don't let me karaoke often because I'm really bad but when I get their permission I would sing anything Miley Cyrus especially "Wrecking Ball" by her or "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra.
3. A uniform: My go-to outfit is wide leg pants with a blouse and wedges. But, being from Michigan, we get all four seasons very intensely. During the extreme winter we've had, the easiest thing to throw on is thermal leggings, beanie, long parka, and snow boots with an oversize cardigan and scarf. For fall, my favorite season, I love skinny jeans with booties and sweaters.
4. A hair stylist they love: Stephanie Blair of Beyond Salon in Farmington, MI--she's done my hair for seven years now and is amazing.
5. An exercise routine: Barre workouts are my favorite! I started going to classes last year and fell in love with it. I feel so energized after!
6. A hobby: TRAVELING! If I could live out of a suitcase, travel the world, and just learn about life and other cultures for the rest of time, I would be perfectly content. I also love to cook. As a self-proclaimed "picky eater" I'm trying to make new things and branch out. Slowly but surely it's working!
7. A best friend: I'm in my last semester of my senior year at Michigan State University and live with 11 other girls in one house and love doing it and them. Though it's definitely a little messier than I would like, living with all these girls has created a great core group of collegiate friends for me. We've lived together the last two years and I wouldn't change a thing. There's always someone to talk to, to hang out with, to eat with, to laugh with, to go out with, to online shop with...the list goes on and on.
8. A healthy sense of self: This is something that's become very important to me as I'm looking at graduating college and beginning a new chapter in my life. I have no idea where I want to live, what kind of job I want, nada. However, I know I want to be happy with what I'm doing. I want to travel and see the world, see how other people live and experience life. I have a thirst for knowledge and learning that I never want quenched so that I can keep exploring and learning. I want to continue challenging myself and take things as they come instead of trying to plan everything. A lesson I learned through college is that the most unexpected, random, and fulfilling things that have happened to me, weren't planned. And everything I tried to plan, never happened. I guess John Lennon was right: life happens while you're busy making other plans. I find it important to have a good sense of self when it comes to happiness as well as body image. There's a lot of pressure of girls to be thin and I have come to realize recently that you just have to be happy with yourself and what you've got--there will always be someone thinner. I've found it you're doing your absolute best and trying your hardest, then things will work themselves out.
As always, look out for #chloeoliverstyleambassador to see how Megan and Kathleen style various pieces from our current Spring collection!